2015 Livnot Galilee Fellowship
Six weeks of hiking, community service, spiritual and cultural exploration in Israel
Subsidized tuition as low as $900 including room/board, hiking trips and activities
Galilee Fellowship program includes:
- Challenging hikes for your body and soul. Livnot’s famous three-day hike from Tzfat-to-sea, and overnight camping excursions. Trek the Galilee and Golan through waterfalls and ancient ruins.
- Community Service through a range of tailor-made Internship options. These choices include: Business development, marketing and public relations, medicine, public health, nursing, MADA, website design, video and photography, Chinese medicine, yoga, meditation, reflexology, nutrition, interventions with autism, childhood development, gardening and more.
- Jewish content including an overall perspective on health, learning Jewish texts through Chevrutot (peer-based learning sessions), workshops on spirituality, the celebration of Shabbat and other events in the Jewish calendar.
- Typical day features community service in the morning with Israelis and your peers, hiking in the afternoon, fun and thought-provoking discussions/activities in the evening: Spirituality, Relationships and Intimacy, Art and Kabbalah…
- Living Israel and becoming part of the hip and artistic Tzfat community; full of galleries, local and organic food, spiritual learning, live music events, open mic nights, local wineries and craft beers made right here in Tzfat.
- Communal living accommodations at the Livnot campus in the mystical Old City of Tzfat and two meals per day
- A physically and spiritually challenging experience good for your resume, body and soul!
- Click here for a sample schedule
Upcoming Program Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Tuition|
|January 5, 2015||February 15, 2015||$900* click link above for details|
|May 25, 2015||July 5, 2015||$900* click link above for details|
|June 21, 2015||August 8, 2015||$900* click link above for details|
2015 Galilee Fellowship registration is now open. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Space is limited.
Be part of rewarding and challenging work to help the next generation in developing Israel. Every Livnot volunteer project is driven by the community, so you know you’ll be doing the work that really matters to locals and their families. We’ve arranged all the logistics, so you can spend your time immersed in a new culture and experiencing growth and reflection.
Each Galilee Fellowship creates a community of young Jewish adults who volunteer, learn, trek, ask questions, engage local residents and experience Israel differently. The sense of community created by the Livnot program carries over to all the activities in which participants engage while learning about Israel, Israelis the Jewish World, and their personal connection to each of these aspects. The program is geared for young Jewish adults, ages 21-30 with minimal Jewish background.
Each Galilee Fellowship participant undertakes a challenging and rewarding community service internship around Tzfat, helping to build your career, yourself and your future.
Community Service Internship Options:
- Child Development at Ziv Hospital: Accompanying, learning and practicing play therapy for children with special needs.
- Business Development and Consultancy: Working with local business in Tzfat including art galleries, specialist artisans and craft beer breweries to help develop and grow their business.
- ELIMA Wellness College for the study of Alternative Medicine: Working with staff developing an herbal garden producing plants for natural therapies. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of Chinese and herbal treatments during the project.
- Videography and Photography in Northern Israel: Use your multi-media skills to help promote Tzfat and Northern Israel, documenting and exploring the rich history, culture, people and heritage of the Galilee.
- Pnima Center: Working at a center for girls at risk, planning and building together a social-cafe, as well as writing letters & translating for the purpose of obtaining financial support.
- Nekuda Tova Center: Working at a center for boys at risk and organizing a food project for the needy in Tzfat.
- Web Design and Social Media: Supporting local business and non-profits in Tzfat with their online presence, taking on web design projects and managing social media profiles.
- Tzfat Day Center for the Elderly: Accompanying the elderly to physiotherapy and other treatments and taking part in running activities for them alongside the professional staff.
- National Forest Service: Creating bike paths and hiking trails in the Galilee area.
- Eco-Playground Development: Planning and creating an ecological developmental playground for children with special needs from the Ziv Child Development Center. Up-keep of the garden with the children and playing with them.
- Tzfat Organic Community Garden Project: Building community gardens based on a philosophy of permaculture and organic farming. Expanding current gardens, developing new gardens and working with residents in the care of the site. This is also the year before the Jewish Sabbatical. Participants will learn the ideas behind this concept and put them into practice.
- Tzfat Old Age Home: Spending time with the Elderly through conversations, physical activity, games and medical aid linked to physiotherapy, Speech therapy and more.
- Absorption Centers: Accompanying families, running activities and teaching Body & Soul health and hygiene to the Ethiopian community.
- Tzfat Faculty of Medicine: Assistance with lab research. Experience required in lab and scholarly research as follows: research lab basic skills and experience – mainly cell biology, ability to read and summarize academic articles on ethics, ability to read and summarize academic articles on public health
- Build your own Community Service Internship! Interested in something not on the list? Let us know!