2014 Livnot Galilee Fellowship
Four weeks of hiking, volunteering, spiritual and cultural exploration in Israel
Subsidized tuition only $600 including room/board, hiking trips and program activities
Galilee Fellowship program includes:
- Challenging hikes for your body and soul. Livnot’s famous 3-day sea-to-sea hike and overnight camping excursions. Trek the Galilee and Golan through waterfalls and ancient ruins.
- Meaningful community service; making a difference by rebuilding a community green space surrounded by an ancient crusader fortress, excavating 16th century Tzfat, facilitating creative activities for Ethiopian children, working together with local residents to improve dilapidated apartments and playgrounds, environmental city projects, soup kitchens, healthy living centers, old-age homes, and more.
- Typical day features community service in the morning with Israelis and your peers, hiking in the afternoon, fun and thought-provoking discussions/activities in the evening: Spiritual Eating, Relationships and Intimacy, Kabbalah…
- Communal living accommodations at the Livnot campus in the mystical Old City of Tzfat and two meals per day
- A physically and spiritually challenging experience!
Upcoming Program Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Tuition|
|January 13, 2014||February 9, 2014||$600|
|June 9, 2014||July 6, 2014|
|July 7, 2014||August 3, 2014|
2014 Galilee Fellowship registration is now open.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Space is limited.
Be part of rewarding and challenging work to help the next generation in developing Israel. Every Livnot volunteer project is driven by the community, so you know you’ll be doing the work that really matters to locals and their families. We’ve arranged all the logistics, so you can spend your time immersed in a new culture and experiencing growth and reflection.
Each Galilee Fellowship creates a community of young Jewish adults who volunteer, learn, trek, ask questions, engage local residents and experience Israel differently. The sense of community created by the Livnot program carries over to all the activities in which participants engage while learning about Israel, Israelis the Jewish World, and their personal connection to each of these aspects. The program is geared for young Jewish adults, ages 21-30 with minimal Jewish background.