2015 Livnot Galilee Fellowship
Four weeks of hiking, community service, spiritual and cultural exploration in Israel
Subsidized tuition as low as $600 including room/board, hiking trips and activities
Galilee Fellowship program includes:
- Challenging hikes for your body and soul. Livnot’s famous three-day hike from Tzfat-to-sea, and overnight camping excursions. Trek the Galilee and Golan through waterfalls and ancient ruins.
- Meaningful community service; making a difference by rebuilding a community green space surrounded by an ancient crusader fortress, excavating 16th century Tzfat, facilitating creative activities for Ethiopian children, working together with local residents to improve dilapidated apartments and playgrounds, environmental city projects, soup kitchens, healthy living centers, old-age homes, and more.
- Jewish content including an overall perspective on health, learning Jewish texts through Chevrutot (peer-based learning sessions), workshops on spirituality, the celebration of Shabbat and other events in the Jewish calendar.
- Typical day features community service in the morning with Israelis and your peers, hiking in the afternoon, fun and thought-provoking discussions/activities in the evening: Spirituality, Relationships and Intimacy, Art and Kabbalah…
- Living Israel and becoming part of the hip and artistic Tzfat community; full of galleries, local and organic food, spiritual learning, live music events, open mic nights, local wineries and craft beers made right here in Tzfat.
- Communal living accommodations at the Livnot campus in the mystical Old City of Tzfat and two meals per day
- A physically and spiritually challenging experience good for your resume, body and soul!
Upcoming Program Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Tuition|
|January 19, 2015||February 15, 2015||$600* click link above for details|
|July 6, 2015||August 2, 2015||$600* click link above for details|
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Space is limited.
Be part of rewarding and challenging work to help the next generation in developing Israel. Every Livnot volunteer project is driven by the community, so you know you’ll be doing the work that really matters to locals and their families. We’ve arranged all the logistics, so you can spend your time immersed in a new culture and experiencing growth and reflection.
Each Galilee Fellowship creates a community of young Jewish adults who volunteer, learn, trek, ask questions, engage local residents and experience Israel differently. The sense of community created by the Livnot program carries over to all the activities in which participants engage while learning about Israel, Israelis the Jewish World, and their personal connection to each of these aspects. The program is geared for young Jewish adults, ages 21-30 with minimal Jewish background.