Northern Exposure – Hike & Volunteer
A week of hiking, volunteering, and amazement – only $195 or $300 for two weeks
Northern Exposure, a week-long Israel experience program, offers participants an opportunity to encounter a different side of Israel through off-the-beaten-track hikes, community service, and spirituality workshops.
- Challenging hikes for your body and soul. Trek the Golan and Galilee through waterfalls and a night hike to an ancient synagogue.
- Meaningful community service, such as: making a difference by rebuilding a community green space surrounded by an ancient crusader fortress, excavating 16th century Tzfat, facilitating creative activities for Ethiopian children, renovating dilapidated buildings, working with environmental city projects, soup kitchens, healthy living centers, old-age homes, and much more.
- Typical day features community service in the morning with Israelis and your peers, hiking in the afternoon, fun and thought provoking discussions/activities in the evening: Values-based living, Spiritual Eating, Building Relationships and Intimacy, Kabbalah…
- Communal living accommodations at the Livnot campus in the mystical Old City of Tzfat and 2 meals/day.
- A physically and spiritually challenging experience!
Livnot Israel experience programs run throughout the winter and summer seasons. Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis, but space is limited so it’s best to apply early, to ensure that your desired trip dates are available.
Looking for even more Livnot?
Check out our six-week Onward Israel – Galilee Trek and Connect program
Be part of rewarding and challenging work to help the next generation in developing Israel. Every Livnot volunteer project is driven by the community, so you know you’ll be doing the work that really matters to locals and their families. We’ve arranged all of the logistics, so you can spend your time immersed in a new culture, experiencing growth and reflection.
Each program creates a community of young Jewish adults who volunteer, learn, trek, ask questions, engage local residents and experience Israel differently. The sense of community created by the Livnot program carries over to all the activities in which participants engage in while learning about Israel, Israelis the Jewish World, and their personal connection to their heritage. The program is geared for young Jewish adults, ages 21-30 with minimal Jewish background.