2015 Livnot Northern Exposure
A week of hiking, volunteering and amazement for only $150
Northern Exposure, a one-week Israel experience program, offers participants an opportunity to encounter Israel through community service, off-the-beaten-track hikes, and spirituality workshops.
- Challenging hikes for your body and soul. Trek the Galilee through waterfalls and a night hike to an ancient synagogue.
- Meaningful community service; making a difference by rebuilding a community green space surrounded by an ancient crusader fortress, excavating 16th century Tzfat, facilitating creative activities for Ethiopian children, renovating dilapidated buildings, working with environmental city projects, soup kitchens, healthy living centers, old-age homes, and much more.
- Typical day features community service in the morning with Israelis and your peers, hiking in the afternoon, fun and thought provoking discussions/activities in the evening: Spiritual Eating, Relationships and Intimacy, Kabbalah…
- Communal living accommodations at the Livnot campus in the mystical Old City of Tzfat and most meals
- A physically and spiritually challenging experience!
Livnot Israel experience programs run throughout the winter and summer seasons. Select the season/month below to see exact dates. Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis.
College Junior/Senior trips
***New for Summer 2015!***
Special Northern Exposure dates have been added just for Juniors and Seniors in College (ages 19-21). The regular Northern Exposure is for ages 21-30, but our 3 Northern Exposure College programs this summer will now enable those aged 19-21 to experience Livnot.
The Northern Exposure College program will be run separately from the normal Northern Exposure, which is still for ages 21-30.
Dates for Northern Exposure College programs for Summer 2015
|Start Date||End Date||Tuition|
|NE121C||May 31, 2015||June 7, 2015||$150|
|NE122C||June 7, 2015||June 14, 2015||$150|
|NE124C||June 21, 2015||June 28, 2015||$150|
To apply for the Northern Exposure College program, please select which trip you would like which has a ‘C’ on the application form below.
|Start Date||End Date||Tuition|
|Trip #121||May 31, 2015||June 7, 2015||$150|
|Trip #121C*||May 31, 2015||June 7, 2015||$150|
|Trip #122||June 7, 2015||June 14, 2015||$150|
|Trip #122C||June 7, 2015||June 14, 2015||$150|
|Trip #123||June 14, 2015||June 21, 2015||$150|
|Trip #124||June 21, 2015||June 28, 2015||$150|
|Trip #124C||June 21, 2015||June 28, 2015||$150|
|Trip #125||June 28, 2015||July 5, 2015||$150|
|Trip #126||July 5, 2015||July 12, 2015||$150|
|Trip #127||July 12, 2015||July 19, 2015||$150|
|Trip #128||July 19, 2015||July 26, 2015||$150|
|Trip #129||July 26, 2015||August 2, 2015||$150|
|Trip #130||August 2, 2015||August 9, 2015||$150|
|Trip #131||August 9, 2015||August 16, 2015||$150|
*C this is a separate trip for college Juniors/Seniors or those aged 19-20.
Looking for even more Livnot? Check out our six-week Ultimate Internship program running in the winter and summer.
Be part of rewarding and challenging work to help the next generation in developing Israel. Every Livnot volunteer project is driven by the community, so you know you’ll be doing the work that really matters to locals and their families. We’ve arranged all of the logistics, so you can spend your time immersed in a new culture and experiencing growth and reflection.
Each program creates a community of young Jewish adults who volunteer, learn, trek, ask questions, engage local residents and experience Israel differently. The sense of community created by the Livnot program carries over to all the activities in which participants engage while learning about Israel, Israelis the Jewish World, and their personal connection to each of these aspects. The program is geared for young Jewish adults, ages 21-30 with minimal Jewish background.