Extend your Birthright Trip
Going on a free Taglit-Birthright Israel trip for young Jewish adults?
There are Birthright extension programs for hiking, or volunteering, or Jewish spirituality and culture…which do you choose? All of the above! When you extend your trip with Livnot’s Northern Exposure program, you get an unbeatable combination of amazing hikes, meaningful volunteer activities, experiential seminars, and learning through nature—all in just one week, and for only $150!
Get off the bus and experience the Galilee with all of your senses. Have the satisfaction of giving back to Israel on your very first trip. Take a break from living out of a suitcase and make yourself at home in the mystical city of Tzfat, where ancient Kabbalists composed poetry and songs. Have lunch with local families on Shabbat and live in the middle of the Artists’ Colony with excavations of 16th century bakeries and bathhouses in your backyard.
If you’re interested:
- Ask your Birthright Israel organizer for information about extending your flight.
- Apply to Project Beyond for for a subsidy of up to $250 towards the cost of extending your flight.
- Livnot accepts your Birthright Israel medical form. There is a short online application and a 15 minute phone interview to answer any questions you may have, and determine that it’s a good fit all around.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis—even if you are already in Israel on your BRI trip (in which case, you should call 052-429-5377 to expedite your application)—but it’s best to apply early to ensure your spot.
- You can stay on for a couple of rounds of Northern Exposure without repeating the hikes. If you are interested in extending your Israel trip for more than one week, please let us know when applying.
What recent participants are saying about their Livnot Israel Experience: I truly believe Livnot made me re-fall in love with Israel. It gave me a connection to other Jews my age as well as Tzfat. This is a wonderful place to feel connected to and I will take back all that I have learned to my friends and family. This program should be done by all people. Birthright is a great start to learning about Israel but Livnot goes so much more in depth and gives real meaning. Thank you for making this experience possible. -K.H.
p.s. Coming on a Birthright Israel trip is NOT a prerequisite for joining Northern Exposure. It’s also a well-rounded experience by itself, or makes a great supplement to any other Israel trip. If you would like to stay in Israel longer than a week or two, please check out our Onward Israel: Ultimate Internship.